Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11

   Another one of those weird dates. My cousin got married today, at 11:00 a.m. They best not ever forget their anniversary!
   It was a great, brief wedding & lively reception in a room crammed with Italian & Irish family & friends. It was great to see everybody again. I feel kinda weird and melancholy, I guess. I remember her parents' wedding as clear as if it was last week. Now their daughter's married. Life is SO short and just flies by. My kids are nearly all grown, too. Really makes me realize how brief life is, and makes me really think about what's important. It's sad how much time goes by in-between visits with family & friends. It was really nice to have a family get-together that didn't involve burying anybody.
   Thank God for family & friends. This world would be a literal hell of a place without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment