Saturday, October 15, 2011

10/15/11

   Today went faster than a scalded rabbit.
   Went to the Bass Pro Shop today. I can't think of much of a better store. They have everything a man could want. Well, nearly. I could spend a fortune there, if I had one.
   My young cousin Rachel Porcu is having a wedding shower tomorrow. How could that be possible? How did our kids grow up so stinking fast? Reminds me of that song I hate from "Fiddler on the Roof". You know. "Sun rise, sun set, sun rise, sun set, swiftly fly the years..." The guy that wrote that should be shot. But what a perfect description of how our kids grow faster than weeds right before our eyes. Life is stinking short, even if you live to be 110. What is that compared to eternity? HOW can people live without Jesus? I'd be scared spitless about death if I didn't know Him. Just the thought of dying and just ceasing to exist is too horrible to imagine. Of course, IF that were true, you'd never know the difference when you cashed in your chips. I weep when I think of my wee children growing up so fast. Yet, I thank God in Christ that we'll ultimately be together forever with the Lord. Thank God this life ain't all there is. What a terrifying thought for those who don't know Jesus as Savior and Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment