Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I need a (writing) fix!

   I didn't get a chance to write yesterday. I was running around like a blind dog in a meathouse from 5 a.m. until I went to bed at 10 p.m.  
   I crave writing. It's my thing, my addiction. I think about writing all day, all the time. I think I've always wanted to be a writer. I wanted to write stories as far back as I can remember. I just never took myself seriously. When I can't write for a couple days, I go through withdrawals.
   If God came to me and said, "Tim, you can pick any vocation in the world;  you may never be rich, but your needs will always be met. Your bills will always be paid, and food will always be on your table. You can have whatever job you want. Just pick." There would be no hesitation. I'd pick being a writer. It's my thing. I can't do anything else. If you look up "inept" in the dictionary, you'll see my picture next to it. But God has given me the ability to spell and write somewhat. What could be better than doing what you love for a living? Shoot - that's not working. If only I can get there. To write full-time is the dream of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment