Friday, September 28, 2012

9/28/12

   Last work day of Sept. for me. This month went by like a flushed toilet.
   I recently finished reading Getting Published for Dummies, and I'm now reading The Everything Get Published Book by Peter Rubie. In-between, I read The Hunger Games. I need all the writing advice I can get. There's SO MUCH writing help available now, there's almost no reason not to get published. The more I read, the more I want to write. I hope to write (at last) this weekend. Life's just been too busy.
   In my room, I have a picture of Mark Twain and beneath it, it says, "Writers write." It's just a reminder to myself that if I claim to be a writer, that's what I have to do. That, and learn how to type. I write like  three words a minute. Well, I'm not That slow. It's more like four.
   If you are an aspiring author, let me encourage you to avail yourself of the many writing helps out there. There is all kinds of help - books, Internet, seminars, blogs, writing groups.
   Thanks for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment