Thursday, September 15, 2011

9/15/11

   Hard to know what to say. Found out last nite that a dear old friend of ours went home to be with the Lord. He died Sun. nite or early Mon. morning. His name was Carl Johnson. He was older than my Dad (who's 81). It wasn't a shocking tragedy like when a 10-year-old dies. Yet, it was a heavy blow to the heart. I'm not trying to put Carl up on a pedestal - he'd rebuke me if I did; but he was the most godly, Christ-like man I ever knew. When I was in his presence, I felt like I was standing before the Lord. I know that sounds weird and idolatrous. It isn't meant to be. I didn't worship him. But the love of Christ literally flowed and glowed from Carl. I felt aware of my sinfulness when I was with him. I felt ashamed and dirty. One of the last times I saw him, he greeted me with a kiss on the cheek. If a man (other than my Dad) kissed me, I'd have serious problems with that. But it was like a kiss from Jesus Himself. I felt loved and honored. I know he's on his face in front of Jesus right now, and he already probably kissed Jesus and Jesus kissed him back. I wish people could see Jesus in me 1/10th of how I saw Jesus in Carl. I'd be doing really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment