Thursday, August 18, 2011

Aug. 18

   Well, another roasting day in Riverside. It's so hot, the souls of the unsaved have been sent to Riverside.
   Tomorrow's my uncle Don Josselyn's funeral. It's still hard to believe. It's not like he was a young man. Yet, it's so weird to have somebody gone that's been part of your life since you were born. He was a great man. Very much part of the old school, when men worked long & hard, and family was all-important. He was very much a family man. I really loved and admired my whole family. My uncles all knew so much. More than I ever will. I wish I could go back in time & listen to their stories at family gatherings. Being just a stupid kid, all I was interested in was stealing candy out of my grandma's candy dish, grabbing Craigmont rootbeer out of the fridge and shaking it several times before opening it. It always made great explosions. There usually wasn't much left to drink.
   Why is it that we seem to only MAKE time to see each other at funerals and the occasional weddings?
   Most of my relatives live nearby, but we never see each other. I don't get it. It's amazing how much time gets by just living life and working day to day. Next thing you know, you're old, your kids are grown & you're saying, "What the heck happened?"

No comments:

Post a Comment