Monday, August 1, 2011

August First

   Dia duit! (Howdy!)
   Wow ... the first day of August already! Unbelievable!
   We spent all day running errands out in the miserable heat & humidity. It's been so hot, the souls of the damned are being sent here to Riverside.  Yesterday was incredible, though. It RAINED here, a good, cool rain, for hours. It was SO wonderful, and so needed.
   Also, I began adding to my story yesterday. I am keeping the story at its original length (on flashdrives) just in case an agent is interested in a story that length. But I'm adding as much to it as I can, trying to add meaningful things, but also, just trying to get it more to novel length. It's currently 46,000 words. It SHOULD be 75,000 to 100,000 words for a novel. We'll see what we end up with. Anyhow, it felt good to be writing again. I have the story saved on computer and flashdrives. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I don't want to chance anything happening to it. I've worked and sweated over it for 10 years.
   Got more friend acceptances on Facebook & have had a great time chatting with dear old friends. It's amazing how out of touch I became with my friends. It's shameful, really. It's so easy to get wrapped up in all the day-to-day stuff. Next thing you know, you're old, your kids are grown, you & your spouse look at each other and say, "Who in the blazes are YOU?"

No comments:

Post a Comment