Sunday, August 28, 2011

Aug. 28: The end of the dream, the beginning of the nightmare.

   Well, the day had arrived and is over. The last day of summer. It's been tense, to say the least. Been jobless since June 3rd. But it's been relaxing at times. Been going to bed, getting up when I want. Worked more on my story then I've gotten done in months, at least. Spent lots of time with my family & parents. We didn't starve or lose the house yet. We've had hotter summers. The only places we went all summer were to the beach one day, and to a funeral. Could have been a lot better in that respect. Then again, we could live in Libya or Iraq or Afghanistan. No matter how lousy your life is, there's always somebody with a sadder story.
   I'm just not ready to go back. I'm not ready to stand all day out in the heat, and be told when to take a break, when to eat, when to be there, when to go home, do this, do that, blah blah blah. I want to be home with my family. I want to be a full-time writer.
   So, tomorrow, I'll be wondering if I'm at work, wishing I was home in bed, or if I'm at home, having a nightmare that I'm at work.
   By the way, as of yesterday (the last I worked on my story) I am now at 65,000 words. 10,000 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment