Monday, August 29, 2011

Aug. 29

   Well, back to work today after 3 months off. Was hot as heck, and a shock.
   What I hate the most is that you HAVE to be there, take breaks, eat lunch & leave when they tell you.  It's like they own you. I guess that's what having a job is all about. I want to be my own boss. If I want to work all day without a break, I will. If I want to go to the beach, I could. That's one reason why I SO want to be a published (and successful) author. I don't dislike my employers at all. In fact, they're all very nice. At my age, though, I want to be my own boss. That's all. I'd be a lot tougher on me than anybody else, probably.
   My son Mike and I (mostly Mike) FINALLY got the rest of that cursed stump out after work today. There are still roots that go to different countries. The whole yard is roots, it seems.
   Don't have time to work on my story tonight. It kills me. Writing is my drug, my escape. I could write for hours and not even realize how many hours have gone by.
   Well, it's late. Lots to do yet. Can we do summer over again?

No comments:

Post a Comment