Monday, October 8, 2012

Area 51

   Well, today I leave Nifty 50 and enter Area 51. In other words, it's my birthday. 51 today. 50 was a big deal. 30 and 40 were big deals. 18 and 21 are big deals. Everything in-between are just birthdays. Another year older. Don't get me wrong - I AM glad to be alive. I hope God gives me another year. I hope & pray I can do better in every way in this new year. That never seems to happen, but at least it's something to shoot for.
   Last night, I read more of my story. I added a few things, deleted some, made some corrections. Amazing at this point there's still stuff to fix. It never will be perfect. But, man! SO many mistakes still! I hope I find 'em all before I submit it. I have a little more than 1/2 of the story to read, then that's it. I MAY have a couple people read it first. I've done that already. I just don't want to make any more stinking changes. I've worked on this thing for like 11 years! I want to get it to a publisher, and first to an agent! I want to see that story in print, in book form, and hold it in my hands. I want to see it in bookstores and autograph copies for kids who love to read, and for little old ladies who love the story, etc.
   Sigh... some day. Some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment