Sunday, July 31, 2011

Son Day again

   Well, my daughter Jennifer and I just returned from Palm Terrace, a skilled nursing facility, where we do a Bible study & worship time with some other brothers & sisters from our church (Harvest Christian Fellowship) here in Riverside. How's THAT for a long-winded introduction?
   It's been raining here since early a.m., thank You, God! We need it bad. It keeps me from having to waste time watering, too.
   I just found out another good old friend of mine from high school "friended" me on Facebook. It's made me realize how horribly out of touch I've been with people - for DECADES! Where have I been? In my own little world, I guess. It's amazing how much time goes by when you're just working and living life day-to-day. Scott, who contacted me, I haven't seen in like 34 years! WHERE does the time go?
   IF anybody's reading this, let me encourage you to rekindle old friendships. Friends are such a blessing, such a rare treasure. They are what makes this life sentence on this prison called earth tolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment