Friday, July 22, 2011

A quick Friday note

   Here we are. Friday again already.
   Not a lot to say today. My son Mike & I tried digging up bush stumps in the yard. As bad as trees. They've been there like 14 years.
   I'm probably going to attempt to contact (or at least FIND) an agent who considers stories as short as mine. If that fails, it looks like I may try to lengthen the story.
   Bad news in the writing world. Our Borders store here in Riverside is going out of business. I'm not necessarily a Borders fan. I DO like the store. It's just that ANOTHER bookstore bites the dust. I HATE when bookstores go under! My own brother lost his Christian bookstore after 3 years. I think a lot of it has to do with these cursed electronic books, and the Internet. Sure, it's nifty that I could carry the Library of Congress around with me on an electronic gizmo. But if you meet an author, how's he/she gonna sign your book? I love BOOKS! You don't need to charge them up. Just flip it open & read! I feel threatened by this electric garbage, I'll be honest. As an author, how do I make a living if some dufus can download my book (probably illegally, for FREE) off the Internet? The movie industry has already lost countless millions due to pirates & illegal downloads. Computers can do amazing things, but there's always a dark side. Always some twisted evil genius hacking, send viruses, etc. I think I was born about 150 years too late. I like books. And I sure wish I could've met Mark Twain.
   Well, my whining will accomplish nothing. What do YOU think about this whole electronic book junk?           Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment