Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday Evening Post

   Hey! That sounds like a great name for a magazine!
   Well, we took a day away & went to Corona Del Mar. Hadn't been there in longer than I can remember. Thought a lot about my story today. I like to think at the beach. Maybe I'm weird, but I've always felt somehow closer to God there. Maybe because you are in front of this endless ocean. You're tiny, vulnerable, and can't hide anywhere. It's just you & the Pacific Ocean, just like standing one day before God. Just you & Him.
   I took several photos, which I hope to start adding to this soon. One step at a time. I'm STILL trying to figure this stuff all out. Please be patient with me. I've gone from the horse & buggy to the space shuttle in just a couple weeks.
   You know, this computer stuff really is cool. But I just love getting a real, handwritten letter in the mail. Like I've said, I think I was born 150 years too late.
   Well, it's getting late, and we're all fried. As careful as we were with sunscreen & trying to stay under umbrellas, we all got baked. I guess Irishmen just shouldn't go to the beach. You pay for fun at the beach with misery in the dermatology department later.   Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment