Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday Update

   Well, I didn't write in here yesterday. That's probably best. We were in our 5th day of battling with GoDaddy. After going in circles with them at length, I finally told 'em that they would be hearing from our attorney. Last nite, they sent an e-mail saying we're getting a full refund. We'll see. I'm not holding my breath after getting jerked around for 5 days.
   I hope your day is going better than mine.
   Now for a story update. The story previously mentioned in this blog is only 46,000 words. That's really short for a novel. Many would call it a novella. I've been considering adding to it. I've thought quite a bit about things that I could add. The question is, would it enhance the story? Or would it just be semi-meaningless fluff, just filling up pages so as to appear longer? I have actually thought up quite a bit of interesting things to add to the story; a couple twists, a little suspense. But, then there's the ever-present problem of, "I have waited for ten years, and I want the doggone thing published!" But, if being longer would help, then the extra work would pay off. I don't know. Maybe a novella would be just what some agent and publisher are waiting for. What do YOU think? I'd love to hear what you think.
   I have to go organize my room and pull some more weeds. It never ends. If I ever get published, maybe I can hire somebody to do all that stuff for me.
   Hope to hear from you soon!   Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment